There are special competitive advantages of Cradle to Cradle in the built environment. Architects acknowledge Cradle to Cradle as one of the most trustworthy certifications within sustainability. There is a high demand on the documentation of products’ health and environmental issues, also during manufacturing, which is what Cradle to Cradle Certified™ offers. Indoor climate has been put on the agenda as a high priority and Cradle to Cradle also contributes to this aspect.
The American US Green Building Council, which manages the building certification scheme LEED, initiated a strategic cooperation with Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute in 2017, acknowledging that a sustainable building starts with sustainable building materials.
Extra points for building certifications
One of the specific benefits of Cradle to Cradle in the built environment is that Cradle to Cradle Certified™ products give extra points in various building certification schemes. For many building specifiers, Cradle to Cradle Certified™ building materials are therefore the preferred choice, which gives you a unique competitive advantage.
- LEED v4
Choosing Cradle to Cradle Certified™ products and/or products with a Material Health Certificate can contribute with 2 extra points in the categories “Material Ingredient Reporting” and “Material Ingredient Optimization”.
- BREEAM in the Netherlands
Choosing Cradle to Cradle Certified™ products contributes with extra points in the categories “Construction Materials” and “Responsible Sourcing”.
- Other certification schemes
The documentation can also be used for assessment in other certification schemes, such as DGNB, Danish Indoor Climate (DK Indeklima) and Business & Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA) level certification.
Other benefits of Cradle to Cradle in the built environment
- Your product data can be promoted on Google’s material database Portico, where Cradle to Cradle Certified™ products are preferred for building healthy, innovative buildings.
- The products can be admitted to UL SPOT (formerly GreenWizard), which eases the access to procurement of sustainable building materials and manages the necessary documentation requirements for the LEED certification.
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), officially recommends choosing Cradle to Cradle Certified™ building materials and interiors on EPA’s list of Recommendations of Specifications, Standards, and Ecolabels for Federal Purchasing. Manufacturers of Cradle to Cradle Certified™ building materials therefore have an important competitive advantage in public procurement in the USA.
- Products can be admitted to Delta Development Group’s database of building materials, where Cradle to Cradle Certified™ products are preferred. Delta Development Group is leading within Cradle to Cradle and circular economy of buildings.
We have extensive experience with certifying building materials, and we offer a non-binding meeting about your opportunities. We also help you evaluate, which special benefits your company can attain through a Cradle to Cradle certification. Besides, we offer to upload your product data in the abovementioned databases.
Tag et møde med os om Cradle to Cradle certificering
We always recommend that you take a clarifying meeting with us, if you are considering a Cradle to Cradle certification. The meeting is free and also completely non-binding. During the meeting we will evaluate your product’s Cradle to Cradle potential and discuss what a Cradle to Cradle certification will mean for your company in particular. And we are always happy to answer any questions you might have.
The meeting will typically be held by phone or Skype.
Please, complete the form, and we will contact you as soon as possible.